Welcome to the Lifetime Fitness Program!
The Lifetime Fitness Program (LFP) is pleased to partner with Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) and extends discounts to OLLI members. LFP is sponsored by the Department of Kinesiology and Community Health at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
We are now teamed up with the Silver Sneakers program! If you are currently a Silver Sneakers member, you now will have basic access to the CRCE facility during the normal LFP program hours at no cost.
Mission and Purpose:
The program’s primary emphasis is to provide opportunities for:
- structured group or individualized fitness activities;
- cognitive understanding of the principles and techniques of fitness activities;
- a supportive, non-competitive atmosphere;
- a pool of research subjects for study of selected aspects of physical activity and health for adults;
- an avenue for continued adherence to a physically active lifestyle after completion of exercise intervention studies within the Department of Kinesiology.
Illinois Marathon weekend is approaching! On April 27-28 feel free to bring some friends or support the team “Kidding Around For Kidneys” in helping raise money for the National Kidney Foundation. Further information about the marathon and fundraiser can be found here:
Check out our Facebook page! We will post the dates of the monthly socials, upcoming events, pictures, and other information there. https://www.facebook.com/LFPatUIUC/