Welcome to the Lifetime Fitness Program!
The Lifetime Fitness Program (LFP) is pleased to partner with Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) and extends discounts to OLLI members. LFP is sponsored by the Department of Kinesiology and Community Health at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
We are now teamed up with the Silver Sneakers program! If you are currently a Silver Sneakers member, you now will have basic access to the CRCE facility during the normal LFP program hours at no cost.
As the Fall 2018 semester begins, LFP/Silver Sneakers program is again located at CRCE (Campus Rec Center East). Our fitness program will continue to use CRCE as our gym facility for the duration of the University semester.
Join us for group fitness classes Monday – Friday at CRCE in MP1; 7am-8:30am. Please refer to our activities schedule for specific times of each class.
There will be NO FITNESS CLASSES Nov. 19th-23rd.
1102 W. Gregory Dr, Urbana, IL 61801
Check out our Facebook page! We will post the dates of the monthly socials, upcoming events, pictures, and other information there. https://www.facebook.com/LFPatUIUC/
Mission and Purpose:
The program’s primary emphasis is to provide opportunities for:
- structured group or individualized fitness activities;
- cognitive understanding of the principles and techniques of fitness activities;
- a supportive, non-competitive atmosphere;
- a pool of research subjects for study of selected aspects of physical activity and health for adults;
- an avenue for continued adherence to a physically active lifestyle after completion of exercise intervention studies within the Department of Kinesiology.