Welcome to the Lifetime Fitness Program!
The Lifetime Fitness Program (LFP) is pleased to partner with Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) and extends discounts to OLLI members. LFP is sponsored by the Department of Kinesiology and Community Health at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Mission and Purpose:
The program’s primary emphasis is to provide opportunities for:
- structured group or individualized fitness activities;
- cognitive understanding of the principles and techniques of fitness activities;
- a supportive, non-competitive atmosphere;
- a pool of research subjects for study of selected aspects of physical activity and health for adults;
- an avenue for continued adherence to a physically active lifestyle after completion of exercise intervention studies within the Department of Kinesiology.