Welcome to the Lifetime Fitness Program!
The Lifetime Fitness Program (LFP) is pleased to partner with Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) and extends discounts to OLLI members. LFP is sponsored by the Department of Kinesiology and Community Health at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
We are now teamed up with the Silver Sneakers program! If you are currently a Silver Sneakers member, you now will have basic access to the CRCE facility during the normal LFP program hours at no cost.
Summer is here and LFP/Silver Sneakers have moved to the ARC (Activities and Recreation Center) for the summer. All the amenities included in your membership but during the summer hours the gym facility will be the ARC. This move is due to CRCE being closed or having limited hours during the summer.
Join us for summer group fitness classes starting Monday, June 11th in MP5 at the ARC. 7am-8:30am. The summer group fitness classes are every M,W,F June 11-August 1. NO CLASSES July 4th.
Please be aware that the ARC only has metered parking. There is a large parking lot west of the ARC and a limited amount of spaces in front of the building. LFP has no control over this matter.
201 E. Peabody Dr, Champaign, IL 61820
Check out our Facebook page! We will post the dates of the monthly socials, upcoming events, pictures, and other information there. https://www.facebook.com/LFPatUIUC/
Mission and Purpose:
The program’s primary emphasis is to provide opportunities for:
- structured group or individualized fitness activities;
- cognitive understanding of the principles and techniques of fitness activities;
- a supportive, non-competitive atmosphere;
- a pool of research subjects for study of selected aspects of physical activity and health for adults;
- an avenue for continued adherence to a physically active lifestyle after completion of exercise intervention studies within the Department of Kinesiology.