Welcome to the Lifetime Fitness Program!
The Lifetime Fitness Program (LFP) is pleased to partner with Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) and extends discounts to OLLI members. LFP is sponsored by the Department of Kinesiology and Community Health at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
We are now teamed up with the Silver Sneakers program! If you are currently a Silver Sneakers member, you now will have basic access to the CRCE facility during the normal LFP program hours at no cost.
Mission and Purpose:
The program’s primary emphasis is to provide opportunities for:
- structured group or individualized fitness activities;
- cognitive understanding of the principles and techniques of fitness activities;
- a supportive, non-competitive atmosphere;
- a pool of research subjects for study of selected aspects of physical activity and health for adults;
- an avenue for continued adherence to a physically active lifestyle after completion of exercise intervention studies within the Department of Kinesiology.
She has been enjoying her time in Australia. She had her pre-season tournament recently and everything is good both on the court and off. She has been able to explore a little since she has gotten there and is adjusting to the hot weather. She is having a lot of fun and enjoying her stay by living close to the beach! Its been a great time.